20 September, 2009

Eid-ul-Fitr '09

So it's "finally" chaand raat (moon sighting night) in Pakistan tonight and Eid is just round the corner. I say finally because in some parts of our country this auspicious occasion of Eid was celebrated today where as others are going to celebrate tomorrow. Reason for this divided celebrations: Moon sighting issues. Anyhow, so it's Eid tomorrow!!! Meaning loads of food, sweets, relatives gatherings, and Eidi (cash given to children by the elders symbolizing festivity)

I am counting on my Eidi so that I can change my phone! The one I have right now was won by me in a Radio contest (FM 96). But it lasted just one year. Thanks to Sony Ericson S500i's crappy manufacturing team.

Well it's time for me to go the parlor to get my eyebrows done. (It sure is a rare sight, me in a parlor) but well I better go!

On a personal note: I still don’t believe Ramadan is over so soon! Although I won’t say I'm sad, 'cause I really ain't! Dare you ask me why, and I'll burden you with my elaborate cooking indulgence stories!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tall Guy said...

Ed Mubarak!!

Hope you had a great time

8:12 PM  
Blogger Zyenab said...

Happy Navratri to you too, Survivor =) I did have a good time, thank you =)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Quest said...

Eid Mubarak....it was today here :)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home