03 July, 2006

Happy Birthday Dear Sis :)




Hey Dear Sis,

I was trying to control myself.. and hide my way of thinking as much as I can…which you know I have done and wont be quitting this habit…excluding on some events like this.

Today on your Birthday, I really feel bad, as you aren’t around me…
I cannot bake a cake … I cannot Sing a song… I cannot make u feel bad by irritating you on this day…I cannot give you horrible gifts like potatoes wrapped in a gift paper…neither I can make a card for you.. all because you are kinda out of my range.
But anyways.. even after so many things have gone with a single person.. what makes me glad is that you are happy ..and this is what counts the most in my life (you believe it or not).

….A part from all this missing stuff .. I have few things to let you know.…

1. I never wished u to be gone forever and am gona feel bad for the rest of my life that we are no more going to live together in one house and view the colors of life together.

2. Though I always wanted a room undivided and completely mine, But since I have got one ,I’ve started sensing that ‘sharing is caring’.. and therefore the walls on my empty room seems like falling on me every single day.

3. I never liked u crying either because of me.. or because of anybody else.. but at times I’ve made u feel that I’ve been the happiest most person to see your tears.. But that surely was not true !

4. I now realize the presence of an elder sister.. who is a at times a friend.. a mother when required and most of all a free of cost guide ..who even enjoys working for free ;)

5. I know I was really terrible at times ..because of my bossy nature, cruel and ill behavior, brainless acts, and in all the step of trying to be your mother lol..but as I said before…That I will always be sorry for that. :p

6. I have identified that you are not interested in my space…or may be time doesn’t allows you participating in it.. but I dare tell u…this place tells a lot about my inner person ..so manage taking out sometime…or else you are gonna miss all the sorries which I am announcing as openly here as I use to hide it :p


May You Have A Wonderful Birthday Dear Sister.

This Post and this poem is purely dedicated to you on this extraordinary special day :)
Infact these flowers are for you aswell :D
But before getting to the poem…I must let u knw..tht this is not an ordinary post…I am dedicating a very vital post to you…as in this post I have completed my Half centaury :)
So u must be delighted haan ;) lolz

Mujhay Ghar Yaad Aata Hai…!

simaT kar kis liye nuqtaa nahiiN bantii zamiiN? kah do !
ye phailaa aasmaaN us vaqt kyuN dil ko lubhaataa thaa?
har ek samt ab anokhe log haiN aur un kii baateN haiN
ko’ii dil se phisal jaatii, ko’ii siine men chubh jaatii
inhiiN baatoN kii lahroN par bahaa jaataa hai ye bajraa !
jise saahil nahiiN miltaa
maiN jis ke saamne aauuN mujhe laazim hai halkii muskaraahaT
meN kaheN ye hoNT “tum ko jaanta huN”, dil kahe “kab jaanta huN maiN?”
inhii lahroN pe bahta huuN mujhe saahil nahiiN miltaa
simaT kar kis liye nuqtaa nahiiN bantii zamiiN, kah do!
vo kaisii muskuraahaT thii, bahan kii muskaraahaT thii,
meraa bhaaii bhii haNstaa thaa
vo haNstaa thaa, bahan hanstii hai, apne dil meN kahtii hai
ye kaisii baat bhaa’ii ne kahii, dekho vo ammaaN, aur abbaa ko hansii aayii
magar yuN vaqt bahtaa hai tamaasha ban gaya saahil
mujhe saahil nahiiN miltaa !
simaT kar kis liye nuqta nahiN bantii zamiiN kah do!
ye kaisa pher hai, taqdiir ka ye pher to shaayad nahiiN, lekin
ye phailaa aasmaaN us vaqt kyuN dil ko lubhaataa thaa?
hayaat-e-mukHtasar sab kii bahi jaati hai aur maiN bhi
har ek ko dekhta huN, muskuraata hai ke hansta hai
ko’ii haNstaa nazar aaye, ko’ii rotaa nazar aaye
maiN sab ko dekhta huN dekh kar Khaamosh rahtaa huN
mujhe saahil nahiiN miltaa !


Translation

I Remember Home
Why, I ask, does the earth not shrink to a point?
Why at first, did this wide sky lure the heart?
All around are strange people, strange words:
Some slide over the heart, others pierce it.
On these waving words flows the heart’s vessel,
Which finds no shore.
Whomever I meet I duly greet, smiling, but what lips affirm
In “I know you,” the heart denies with “I don’t.”
I move on those waves
And find no shore.
Why does this earth not shrink to a point?
What a smile, my sister’s smile, my brother laughing,
She delighting in his words,
Delighting in our parent’s laughter !
Yet time flows on, the shore a spectacle.
I find no shore.
Why does th earth not shrink to a point?
Perhaps this cycle lies outside of fate; why
Did this wide sky once lure the heart?
The brief life of all things flows on; and I
Watch each one, smiling, laughing,
Weeping.
Watching, I am silent.
I find no shore.

4 Comments:

Blogger Urvashi said...

That was sweet! You are so lucky that you have a sister!! I have no sisters at all!! Not even cousin sisters! :(
I've always felt the need for a sister...

1:35 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Many Many Happy Returns Of The Day Mehareen dear :)
May Allah shower all his blessings on you, the new arrival and your family too

That was an awesome wish my jaan :)
Cheers

7:21 AM  
Blogger Ekta said...

Awww
This is soo sweet!...its such a lovely post!!!
Am sure ur sister will be thrilled and proud of u once she reads this...!:-)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Manish Kumar said...

touching post !

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home