24 May, 2009

So what, I'm still a rock star...

Alright guys, lets drag a brand new attitude and get that *bling*bling* party on! Heck with the moaning and groaning over what’s not in the world, whose corrupt and blah blah! Let’s just enjoy for a change, with little stuff that we have in our hands! Like for instance, American Idol *Grin*. For people who are wondering what has go into me, I’d say I’m high - Over the sky – not wanting to come down! And the good part is that there is no reason behind me flying high! Had there been a material or even a non-material reason, I would’ve soon landed on the ground! And this time, I’m not getting down. Na.. Na.. Anyway, whoever wants to get into this party mood along with me should listen to this track by Pink, It's called ‘So What’ and this is the tenth time that I am listening to it! Scream along people…

So, so what, I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves and I don't need you
And guess what, I'm havin' more fun
And now that we're done I'm gonna show you tonight

I'm alright, I'm just fine and you're a fool
So, so what, I am a rock star
I got my rock moves and I don't want you tonight



Those who followed American Idol’s eight season would be surprised, amazed, or may be disappointed that Kris Allen took the title away. Personally, I am very happy with America’s choice, I wanted Kris to win deep down, though I didn’t want Adam to loose either. One of the reasons Adam didn’t get enough votes could be that he is a gay guy, how many of you think this is a plausible reason? Besides, what’s shocking is that I just got to know it today that Kris is married. I mean he is 23, American, and Married? Are u kidding me? Tip-off: I’m inclined towards appreciation, of course =p

Competitions like American Idol has proved time and again that America; although has problems with a whole lot of stuff, leme highlight its *governmental intervention* in every nations business, yet I am compelled to say that her people and institutions are by far the most well-reared people who demonstrate the greatest quality of professionalism that we can't have anywhere else in the world. Or am I carried away? could it be that they only market themselves to be this way and aren't what I think they are? Well, this again makes them genius! I’ll call them the ‘closest-to-perfect’ imitators of perfection! Congratulations Kris Allen, Now that you are an Idol, I think you’ve enveloped your finances to get a baby for yourself ;-) so Good Luck!

Tracks I’m listening to:
~So what by Pink
~Just chill by John Young
~If I were a boy by Beyonce
~1,2,3,4, by Plain White
~Right now by Akon
~Give a little bit by Goo Goo Dolls
~Gives you hell by All American Rejects
~I’m yours by Jason Marz

11 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

oyeah I love all song contests and competitions :) And I used to watch American Idol but not the recent one, cos I got all busy.

I agree...we've got to keep the Music going no matter what! Lovely post!

Keshi.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Tabitha said...

Hey Zainab....I am music freak...I enjoy watching dese music reality shows....Thanks 4 stopping by my space...Do visit again...Take Care :)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Tabitha said...

Hey Zainab....I am music freak...I enjoy watching dese music reality shows....Thanks 4 stopping by my space...Do visit again...Take Care :)

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Zainab for visiting my blog and leaving a wonderful comment.You have a nice blog.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Adisha said...

So nice to see someone so happy !!! Myself don't follow American Idol. Though I doubt someone being gay would be a big issue out here. Though America mostly consists of conservatives, people know to vote for the one they find most appealing to their ears :) As for Kriz being married, no big surprise there. You'll find many romantics here who marry their high school sweethearts and live happily ever after !! :)

I am an avid follower of " So you think you can dance " and it's amazing how impartial and sensible their comments are. Yes, America in general is pretty professional, to a fault even !! Though it's hard for the general population to see as I notice customer service here is horrible except in High End stores.

So, a generalization cannot be made as such, but it's true that in America, a hard working person, with a good sense of ethics and talent has a Very good chance of succeeding !!!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Ubaid said...

Oh i love the give you hell song by american rejects.... and its video is awesome too :)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Lonely Perverted Soul said...

saying what adisha said... Nice to see someone so happy...
Also listen to "mad Season" by matchbox 20... Maybe u like..

9:15 PM  
Blogger Sadaff said...

Kris is such a babe!I don't think that Adam lost votes because he is bi(or gay, not sure). I think that Americans are pretty conservative people and church-going-married-Kris prolly was an easier choice to vote for.

As an aside, I love Adam and that guy has rock star written all over him and maybe if the rumours are true, he could join Queen. Now, that would delish.

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I didn't know you were also a music freak.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Lonely Perverted Soul said...

Hey btw i just wanted to say that i think "zainab" is a really beautiful name... And if i am fortunate to have a daughter some today ill probably name her zainab... :P
I hope i didn't freak u out...

5:31 PM  
Blogger Zyenab said...

@ Keshi: Hey thank dear, glad u liked it =)

@ Tabitha: thanks for stopping by. I'll defintly hit back at urs =)

@ Gigi: Thanks, gud to know u like it here =)

@ Adisha: Loved ur comment. Agree on Americans being conservatives altho on the same time am amazed how the degree of conservatism varies btw the east and the west =)
So u think u can dance... umm.. why hvnt i ever seen its advertzmnt? let alone the show itself *wondering* *wondering*

@ Ubaid: thanks ubaid. the video umm i hvnt seen it.. i hardly see any of the videos, i just download audio tracks... but i will watch it defntly =)

@ LPS: thanks LPS, its a lovely song!!! i just downloaded it and what lyrics.. luv it! Oh and thanks for liking my name. I'd defntly take is as a compliment =) btw, the means, a father's pride so i think it'll be perfect for u baby girl =)

@ Sadaff: I absolutly agree! *Kris is such a babe!* lol and true abt adam, he is surely a rock star... or as one of the judges states "ROCK GOD" ;-)

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home