23 April, 2009

“We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.”



I was actually thinking of writing about the upcoming shape of Pakistan under the rule of half baked barbaric alims commonly termed as ‘Talibans’. In case you are not following, I shall tell; considerable changes, for worse, have occurred presently. Here is a proof for the heart that beseeches truth, and that is; as I spell taliban in lower case on Microsoft word, it instantly showed a red line and gave me the corrected version of this word, which is with a capital T. ‘Taliban!’—So, even Microsoft word acknowledges them! Isn’t that a message?
The internet sphere is chock-full with a little more than a gazillion number of articles which have talked about the miseries that the outbreak of talibans in Pakistan would cause. That is, if it manages to exist—I mean the country itself! But that’s another story. So, coming back, is there any good in writing about them, the talibans? After all, my babbling about them would just add on to the number of those articles published every minute. I see you nod in agreement... good choice… so I’ll stop right here. No purpose after all. However, since I have already wasted some time here; taking out my inner frustration about them, I would like to proceed for a few more lines. At this point I should tell you; the music I had been listening to for quite sometime has already reduced to something more like noise, and my day which started off pretty well has pulled me down as it growing darker here, so I guess no more harm can be done. The worse is already here! Anyways, so there is a question that’s irritating me. If anyone could explain it to me or just explain it to themselves! The question is that if our day of dying is written by God; like they say it is, and if we are to leave everything on God, then why is that He, our God, has chosen an average life span of 90 years for people living is Japan, and just about 40 years of life for people living in Afghanistan? Why so much… errm, should I say, inequality?
Yes, now you are seeing it right; indeed there is something tremendously wrong in our perception. What we are making out of this very best of religions is definitely not what it stipulates. We have surely messed it up, or should I say, they, the interpreters have messed it up?

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am going gaga over the pic, too good. The pic escribes the threat that Taliban poses to America/India/Pakistan and vice versa is also true.
What if they really start sending the girls to school?? :d

9:55 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

ur right...Religion has caused more HATRED than LOVE, and it's quite sad!

Personally I'd love it if this world was free of Religion and is guided with COMMON SENSE!

Keshi.

10:17 AM  
Blogger vinay said...

Religion is a way of expressing oneself onto an another dimension. But people who are not capable of doing this, interpret this in a wrong manner..and this is where sanity end...and insanity begins...welcome to the real world...

1:36 PM  
Blogger S.. Diva said...

hey thanks for dropping by..
pretty interesting stuff you in here..

-sneha

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Sameer said...

ya'll messed up badly.. the chickens have come home to roost…you people were too concerned about yourselves.. and the rich wanting to become even richer..no one cared about the poor and despondent…which are the most easily influenced people…and the taliban and extremeists are masters of this mainipulation… they gave them food and "schooling"…and made them walking bombs…now they infect the country… and they are all over the place
just ready to be activated on a word
so if the military does crack down now
they will send 6 year olds into crowds with bombs strapped to them
basically pakistan is screwed
you're going to have to suffer one way or another
it's better they start now
and deal with the mayhem at the moment when they can get the support of other countries, vs. later when people think of the place as a terrorist state
and then forcefully invade the place

11:10 PM  
Blogger Manish Kumar said...

Just wanted to know How with in months they are spreading as close to Islamabad. Why democratically elected Pak govt is looking so helpless?

2:20 AM  
Blogger AJEYA RAO said...

Hello, Thanks for visting my blog. Very thoughtful post.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Zyenab said...

@tarun: Lol, I know.. this pic is a perfect depiction

@Keshi: absolutely agreed! A secular WORLD can bring us peace but common sense honey, its a rare phenomenon; just a handful of peeps exercise it-- rest are still in the state of denial

@Vinay: ...or maybe welcome to insanity

@ Manish ji: errmm, u can call me a traitor because i am not going to sit here and defend my country, so yes ur questions are valid, Why is the democratically elected looking so helpless? but u know what, now the word democracy makes me laugh on its face! 'Gud luck' for elections at home.

@Ajeya: Thanks ajeya. hope to see u around

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Dawn said...

I agree to what Zainab has said to Manish!!! It is so clear what is happening in the name of democracy then why this question itself Manish?

It is sad...that casualties suffer in all this!!!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Urvashi said...

The cartoon was funny.
Religion in itself cannot spread hate. It is people - extremists - who spread hate. I would say the fault lies with the way certain people interpret religious scripture.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home