19 April, 2009

“She laughs at my dreams, but I dream about her laughter.”




















‘Dreams’… we all have them! It acts as a driving force which gives us reason enough to look forward and start a new day. Dreams can’t be just random fantasies which lay there, in the back of your mind and you pull it out every once in a while. You need to closely dichotomize the two of them. Fanaticizing is more like a shot in the air. If it reaches the target- good enough, and if it doesn’t, in that case, your fantasy either fades away or you find a new one. But dreams are different. Fulfillments of dreams mean hitting the bull’s eye not by chance but by sincerely working out your way towards the objective. It needs courage, persistence and a God-like passion for your dreams to materialize. Make sure about passion and the rest two will join you in the way.

“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” Oprah Winfrey

Three years from now, sitting with a bunch of friends under the roof of a much loved institution I spoke out about one of my dreams which then; being so impossible to turn into reality, was practically laughed off on my face. I didn’t mind though, because I was aware of the impossibilities… but I still headed towards it, because that was all I had to ask. I didn’t want anything else... it was just that...impossible but irreplaceable too. I believe that an action separated from its cause is not only useless but also meaningless, and my every action had its root in the cause; which was her. What I am advocating here is not chasing impossibilities, but knowing that you are passionate enough to take your dreams forward on your own, which means to fail a million times and to look into the eyes of rejection and aim to try again not because you are persistent, and irritatingly selfish about your dreams, but because your whole life is about this! Yes, I know what I am saying here, I am prioritizing passion over persistence.

‘Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.’-Anonymous

Knowing her was the major premise of my dream which had many offsprings with time. I got to know her, and then one after another my dreams associated with the offsprings of the mother dream started to turn into reality. All this wasn't as easy as it may sound now, but if anyone wants my word here then I’d say passion, persistence, patience and honest devotion are the key elements which if stirred together, with all your heart, will surely turn your dreams into reality.

4 Comments:

Blogger anum said...

v true zainab, i ve a dream too n i want it to turn it true but how to turn it true, i ve learned through your topic, thnx yaar hope ma dream come true ameen.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmm....as a young girl..its healthy to dream...lolz....

May Allah grant you every wish and fulfils your dreams if they are OK for you. (Ameen)

Ansoo.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Zyenab said...

@ Anum: Just remember what i told u on MSN okay? Gud luck :)

@ Ansoo: Thanks =)

7:50 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I like your writing ...I see the quotes too in between :)

Take Care dear
Cheers
Hugz

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home