15 October, 2011

Re-ignition

An old feeling has revisited my being, I know this feeling, I have dealt with this before but each time I come across it, it's as intense, as maddening as the last time. I have allowed it to enter my being; I wanted it to be here, but I can't control it's impact on me. It's intense, emotionally draining yet absolutely lovely! I like it and it makes me crazy at the same time. And I am sure somewhere along the line, there is a lot of strength that I will get out of this. Strength, not to overcome it, resist it, or settle it, but strength that allows me to stay with it without being hysterical, strength that will allow me to appreciate the beauty of all things that this feeling brings along. And till I get that kind of strength, I will just have to sit with my pain - not fight it, not complain against it, not be ungrateful, just sit with it and let it be.

Find below Munir Niazi's words that fit the situation perfectly:

bechain bahut phiranaa ghabaraaye hue rahanaa
ik aag sii jazabo.n kii bahakaaye hue rahanaa

aadat hii banaa lii hai tum ne to "Munir" apanii
jis shahar me.n bhii rahanaa uktaaye hue rahanaa

1 Comments:

Blogger Farhan Ahmed said...

Weird but lovely!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home