06 June, 2011

I wish going away was as simple as picking up a bag and sitting in a plane but it’s not as simple. You need to pack that bag, item by item, practically choosing everything you decide to take along and leave behind. Then you need to book a ticket to your destination, say your goodbyes to the place you are leaving hoping the place you are going to is worth the sacrifice and then you sit through the flight with all those uncertainties hovering over your head which won’t let you enjoy your flight. As tiresome as it may sound, it actually is the most exciting part of the journey. What is there in your journey once you’ve reached the desired destination? Probably the waiting period where all the uncertainties materialize themselves but let’s not get all carried away here! All I know is that we cannot estimate the impact of a journey until we’ve taken it. We cannot know what lies ahead until we’ve gone there and experienced what is there to experience. If nothing else, we’ll have a brave story to re-tell ourselves once we are old and testy! So yes, I am still going strong on my decision to leave behind my comfort zone, against all odds, against all the “do-not-go” counter arguments presented by my mind to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rahul Bhatnagar said...

Hey, so it's been a couple of years since I last read something here, nice to know you can still make me go to that place deep inside my head that I don't really give a damn about usually. You're right, enjoy your leap of faith...

4:32 PM  
Blogger qrratugai said...

Hi there!
I'm loving your blog so far. Great job! I especially enjoyed reading your "About Me" section. You're such a real person it's breathtaking.

Keep it up!

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home